Monday, September 28, 2009

Pancakes a la Masonic Temple.


Mid Saturday morning Me, My Uggs, and I went to Beverly MA. This is not unusual, but our destination was.

 I unknowingly ordered a subscription to the Salem News, thanks to my journalism professor and saw the ad "Pancake Breakfast from 8am -11am 5$ for adults 3$ for kids. All you can eat sausage, bacon, pancakes, coffee and tea." As a college student in an apartment, any opportunity for all you can eat food that is cooked for you, is practically heaven. 


 I convinced my roommate to go and three phone calls to the place later we were safely on 20 Washington street. Right outside the Masonic Temple where the pancakes were being served. This part was  bit of a shock since this hadn't been specified in the paper and I think the whole secret society thing was toying with my subconsious. Nevertheless we walked onward and inward, though to say boldly would be lying.

While inside I saw a table where an elderly man and two elderly women sat. I asked if it they had room for two. They stared at me. Apparently overly excited doesn't go well in the East, especially in the morning. Gradually and slowly the conversation picked up and we talked about Chicago, Boothbay, Maine, and their children who are now all old enough to be my parents. 

It was such an interesting time that me and the roomie decided it would be fun to go back, besides, we do wonders for the age range. 

I asked my pancake friends if they would be back again, and they said "yes, well, if we remember."

No comments:

Post a Comment